UEA Sport Round Up

Our weekly item is back. Catch up with the latest sport results from the past week and find out the news.

A look at the BUCS action from last week and the sporting events not to be missed in the coming weeks.

On Sunday the 18th of November the Sportspark will be hosting an open day. The chance to sample all facilities will be free and anyone interested in trying out the swimming pool, squash courts and a host of other facilities will be able to do so.

The day starts at 10 am and finishes at 3 pm. With a ‘brand new giant inflatable’ promised in the pool, you’d be mad to miss it.

Halloween falls conveniently on a Wednesday for all UEA’s teams who are heading down to Lola Lo’s, hopefully on the back of a victory.

The Halloween House of Horrors is going to be packed out and with double vodka mixer’s for £3 it’s going to be an eventful night. Potential sporting costume inspiration could include the likes of Mark Lawrenson, a crazy eyed Ben Johnson or Mike Tyson with Evander Holyfield’s ear as a prop, all certain to terrify on site.

Movember is on the horizon. Here at The Tab were looking to find the most impressive moustaches on campus.

If any of the men’s sport teams has the courage to set the standard and start looking like Liverpool in the 70’s for a month, we’d love a team photo.

BUCS results were a mixed bag again last week. Five wins and five loses at home included impressive displays by the Basketball teams with the Men’s 1st’s seeing off Luton 1st’s 62-58. The Women’s 1st’s beat De Montfort 1st’s 61-46.

Away from home UEA have improved, with both the Men’s 1st and 2nd’s football teams coming out on top. The Golf 1st’s beat Warwick 2nd’s 5-1 and the Men’s Table Tennis 1st’s continued their impressive early form with a 10-7 win over Warwick 2nd’s.

UEA has secured 52 wins so far this season, according to the BUCS website, with 38 defeats and 4 draws, making their win rate 55%. Avoiding any horror shows next Wednesday, UEA can continue to build on this.