Miss GB finalists prove Northumbria’s students are gorgeous

Wish we all looked like this…

They may not have won the competition, but our girls did bloody well in the Miss Great Britain competition.

And if you missed it on the telly, here are the four you can spot on Northumbria’s campus any day of the week…

The pageant queens, Nicole Bailey, Natasha Phelps, Stephanie Loraine and Anya Gould, competed in the grand final at the Athena in Leicester.

Competing against 46 others from across England, Scotland and Wales in the competition which supported Rainbows Children’s hospice, the girls were equally as eager to take away the crown and go on to represent Great Britain at Miss Tourism World 2015.

Nicole Bailey, current holder of Miss Newcastle

Nicole, 21, from Ouseburn in Newcastle is no stranger to such competition and is the current holder of the Miss Newcastle GB crown – despite being more of a tom boy accustomed to a netball court than a model strutting her stuff down a glitzy runway.

Northumbria student Nicole told The Chronicle: “I’m pretty competitive. I’m always playing sport and I always want to win.”

But Nicole is not the only contestant eager to steal the show: Miss Sunderland of 2014, Natasha Phelps, will be parading alongside her.

Natasha Phelps

18-year-old beauty Natasha is also a student at Northumbria University:

“I’m really proud to represent the Sunderland area at Miss Great Britain. I’m looking forward to having a bit of fun like I did at the Miss Sunderland final.”

And she is not alone in her excitement.

Anya Gould

20-year-old Anya Gould, from High Barnes, told the Chronicle how she has grown in confidence and self esteem since winning Miss Sunderland 2013:

“It really motivated me to give everything in life and to never give up on dreams. Miss Great Britain is a massive opportunity and I am so grateful to be a part of it.”

Stephanie Loraine

Stephanie, 21, is also eager to win, as she told the Chronicle:

“I recently won the fashion category in the Every Model competition and was rewarded with a year-long contract with a London Modelling agency.”

Northumbria – you’ve done us proud.