Northumbria Uni boffins reveal moves to help you pull

Boys listen up! Research reveals how you should be dancing if you want to impress the ladies

Northumbria Uni researchers have revealed which shapes you be making on the dance floor if you’re looking to pull.

Nailed it

Recent research carried out by our very own Dr Nick Neave and Kristofor McCarty found that the bigger the moves, the better.

Have you been struggling to tash on lately? It might be because your moves aren’t up to scratch.

Using avatars so the ladies wouldn’t swoon for a crap dancer. Clever.

But don’t fear – new research carried out at Northumbria Uni will help you get luckier with the ladies.

They filmed a total of 19 male volunteers cracking some shapes before they were then morphed into white avatars and transferred onto a plain background.

And the moves they pulled were then analysed and rated out of ten by 35 women.

The ‘plane’ move should be contained to high school musical

So how exactly should you be dancing if you want to impress the ladies?

Particular favourites with the girls were moves using the head, left shoulder and right knee.

Make small and varied movements with your wrists and shoulders – but throw some big bold shapes with your neck and trunk.

No you’re the best mover

And Dr Neave explained these moves give us a sneak peak into a mans’ ‘reproductive quality’ making them appear more attractive.

Good dancers indicate ‘health, vigour and strength,’ no wonder moves matter!

And these movements might seem familiar, Michael Jackson brought the knee swivel to fame in his Rock With You video, so it might be time to get practising fellas.

Moves to avoid include moving the arms too much or not moving enough.

The findings show that keeping the arms and legs too close to the body are also a no no – not that we’re too fussy.

Boring moves only set us up for disappointment

This is the first study separating the good dancers from the bad so we suggest you boys should pay attention.

There are no excuses to be going home alone now!