Top six Halloween costumes heading to the toon in 2024

My pop culture based predictions

The time has come, Halloween 2024 has rolled around! Aside from the regular squad of angels/devils/cats/schoolgirls and pirates, here are some 2024 pop culture based predictions that will be hitting the toon this October.

Disclaimer- no hate to these basic costumes, I myself will not be partaking in any of the costumes in my own article and will be in fact dusting off my 2018 PLT leopard print dress for the 5th year in a row x

evidence of said dress

(Evidence of said dress)

1. Sabrina Carpenter and Jenna Ortega

Starting off strong with a girl who’s had quite the rise to fame this year- Sabrina Carpenter. I can see many a short blonde donning a sparkly corset and platforms this year to hit the town (or house party).

Alternatively, said blondes can choose to harmonize with their brunette friend to recreate the outfits from the ‘Taste’ music video. Complete with chainsaw and fake blood, this is the ultimate couples costume.

2. BRAT

BRAT summer? Why not BRAT Halloween? It’s no secret that Charli XCX’s new album was a worldwide hit this summer, but why not bring it through to Halloween? Nothing says ‘girl so confusing’ like wearing loads of neon green on Halloween for a costume that, is in fact, not an alien.

3. Challengers

There’s a lot of room in this one, if anyone happens to have a one part girl/two part boy friendship group, you could recreate this scene pretty easily with a pink zip up and black shorts, or you can draw inspiration from one of Zendaya’s many press tour outfits- a cute tennis dress will always come in handy right?

4. Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders

Admittedly, maybe the hype around the documentary has died down a bit, but it is still a cute group costume idea. Matching cowboy fits with hair pumped with hairspray and hope is a group costume that will be sure to turn heads on a night out.

5. Amy Winehouse

Amy Winehouse is always in style- as long as you have your hair in a bun and some cheap eyeliner to hand, you can always nail this. But with the release of Back to Black in April of this year, there may be some more Amy’s around. If you don’t want to go down the traditional route of the lacy tank and trousers, this cherry print dress and beehive would be a cute alternative. You can even make it a couples costume (although is your boyfriend as hot as Jack’ O Connell? I doubt it)

6. Wicked

Last but not least, another couples costume idea is Glinda and Elphaba from ‘Wicked’ which will be debuting in November. Ariana Grande and Cynthia Erivo have been doing the most on their press tour this year, so lets hope some clever couples can match their effort this year. My heart goes out to whichever half of the couple is chosen to be Elphaba. Get the green paint ready…

This author also recommends;