‘Fame has gone to his head’: One year after MAFS UK and Peggy and Georges are still beefing

To think I thought these two might actually work it out

Despite it being literally a whole entire year since they were on MAFS UK, former couple Peggy Lawrence and Georges Berthonneau are still beefing one another. Publicly beefing, as well.

They had a turbulent journey during the experiment – with Peggy struggling to come to terms with Georges’ gaming, her father quite frankly hating him, and then Peggy constantly making out like everything Georges did was a problem – when a lot of the time he was just a bloke with a hobby.

However, in the end they shocked us all and managed to make it work – in the final episode and reunion they said they were still together and going strong. But then, just three months after the show, the couple announced they had split up and it all turned sour. Surprise! It’s still sour to this very day, with the couple still chatting about each other in scathing interviews. You might want to sit down for this one.

Peggy and Georges on MAFS UK 2023

via E4

After MAFS UK 2023, Peggy and Georges announced they had split up

Peggy and Georges announced their split on Valentine’s Day of all days, earlier this year. It was just three months after the show had ended, and days after they’d spoken in an interview about wanting to have kids together.

Peggy announced the news on Instagram and said she was “absolutely heartbroken” and added: “It’s affected my mental health and it’s taken me weeks to come to terms with it but with it being Valentine’s Day, I can’t pretend I’m okay.”

Georges then also confirmed the news, but said in his statement he hadn’t been expecting Peggy to post publicly about it. “Wasn’t expecting a statement from Peggy regarding this situation,” he said. “I’m heartbroken by our breakup and also trying to come to terms with life without Peggy.”

It wasn’t too long before things started to get messy

Within days things turned south, with Georges calling Peggy a a “calculated manipulator”. He revealed what he said was the real reason behind their breakup, and claimed they had meant to post a joint statement about splitting, and said he had still sent Peggy Valentine’s gifts, but got nothing in return.

“We said we were going to do it together,” he said. “The next thing I know she’s putting out a statement on Valentine’s Day, on purpose. It’s obvious she has done that on purpose. It is calculated. I sent her flowers, a card and balloons for Valentine’s… I checked my letterbox yesterday and I got nothing.”

He said the pair “never saw” one another after MAFS, and said Peggy never came to his home – instead they had to meet up at her family home or a hotel. “I get it… she’s probably used to men with apartments in Chelsea that earn six-figures, but I do have a nice place,” he said.

Peggy and Georges on MAFS UK 2023

via E4

Georges accused Peggy of ending the relationship to be on TOWIE

Georges also said a huge reason things didn’t work out was because Peggy wanted to be on TOWIE, but to do so she had to be single. “TOWIE really wants her,” he said at the time. “She turned them down because she was in a relationship with me because they want her single… but I’m pretty sure she will be on their books now. She lives in Kent and hangs out with all of that lot.”

Peggy dismissed these claims, and called the rumour “more lies and excuses” on Georges’ behalf.

A spokesperson for Peggy said she tried to handle the situation ‘amicably’

At the time all of this was going down, a spokesperson for Peggy said: “After Georges expressed his desire to end his relationship with Peggy, she made every effort to handle the situation amicably and comply with his wishes. She requested that they issue a joint statement, and she has been persistently asking him to do so for the past two weeks, despite his continuous disregard for her request. It should be noted that she had no intentions of selling her story, and instead opted to release her own statement.”

Peggy said she thought Georges cheated with his ex, which he said was rubbish

Peggy and Georges on MAFS UK 2023

via E4

Peggy then shared her side of the story, and said she suspected Georges of “being unfaithful” to her – accusations that Georges strongly denied as “image damaging” and “slander.”

Peggy said she first got suspicions Georges might have been unfaithful when he went to an event with his ex. She said after the event she offered to meet Georges at his hotel, but he had asked her not to. “He denied spending the night with her [his ex],” Peggy said. “I was crying my eyes out. At this point I didn’t know it was his ex-girlfriend!”

She also said Georges had been “distant” with her, and stopped messaging her back as much. Peggy said she had been planning to propose later this year, as it was a leap year.

In an Instagram post, Georges said: “A story has come out from The Sun which is factually incorrect in so many ways, the article that has been put out is slander and also image damaging. I’m also surprised by the depths of which Peggy has gone to lie about our situation when all I gave was love to our relationship.

“I have never been unfaithful to Peggy, I never lied, and these statements are untrue and leave my heartbroken even more than I already am. I never wanted our relationship to end and always defended Peggy even when her actions were unacceptable but these actions have proved that the relationship ending was the best thing for me.”

Peggy has now blasted Georges in a recent interview and said ‘fame went to his head’

Speaking an entire year after they met on MAFS UK, Peggy is going for Georges again – and it’s messy. She’s since revealed she’s dating someone new, but very much still has time to blast her ex in the papers.

She’s still claiming he cheated, which he has still denied, and has said she “went through hell” in the months around their split, when he got “big headed” with fame.

She told The Sun: “Boys like attention, especially when boys haven’t had the attention before. I feel they get a bit big headed and like, ‘I’m in demand.’ He even said to me on the show that he’s been sexually desired by all his ex-girlfriends. Who says that?” She said Georges “started acting really weird around Christmas” but she still went on holiday to Paris in January with him, for her birthday.

Peggy continued: “Then at the end of January he said he wasn’t happy, but he didn’t want to go public with our breakup because he didn’t want to deal with the public opinions and the attention because he would be heartbroken. I was thinking, ‘Hold on, you’re the one that’s heartbroken when you broke up with me? You don’t want to tell people because you can’t deal with it.’ But I was just like, ‘Yeah, that’s absolutely fine.’”

When will it end?!

For all the latest MAFS UK 2024 cast member news, scandals, gossip and updates – like The Holy Church of MAFS on Facebook