MAFS UK 2024

Enough is enough, someone should be able to leave even if their partner wrote stay on MAFS

It’s not fair to either person

We had yet another MAFS UK 2024 commitment ceremony last night and honestly, I’m surprised we have any couples left by the end of it. The fact that not one single couple decided to both leave is actually astounding. For both Caspar and Stephen, they have to stay another week as their partners wrote stay, despite them both writing leave.

And for Caspar especially it really seems like the basis of the rule that if your partner writes stay you have to, even if you wrote leave, can be very harmful for the cast members. Ever since Caspar made the weight comment towards Emma on their honeymoon he’s not been able to hear the end of it, and it seems as a couple they’ve been struggling to move past it.

Alongside the fact they don’t have much in regards to a physical relationship and Emma’s behaviour towards him during the dinner party, it all got too much for Caspar.

Whilst Emma chose to stay, Caspar wanted to leave the experiment, with Mel explaining: “As you both know if one partner says stay and the other says leave, you will both stay for another week to continue to work on the relationship.”

Via Channel 4

And despite Emma looking excited to be given another opportunity to work on their relationship, Caspar genuinely couldn’t have looked unhappier and it’s very clear that he wants to leave the experiment.

Whilst I understand that the whole premise of the leave and stay is to get couples to not give up too easily and continue fighting for their relationship, surely by the time they’ve decided to write leave their heart isn’t really in it anymore.

Via Channel 4

Even for the partner who writes stay, it can’t be nice knowing that your other half doesn’t really want to be there anymore, and usually the relationship suffers as a result.

Perhaps if MAFS UK 2024 changed the format so if one partner writes leave they both exit the experiment this would be better as it would remove the chance that people would be causing themselves unnecessary mental and emotional distress by staying in a relationship and situation they’re not happy in.

For all the latest MAFS UK 2024 cast member news, scandals, gossip and updates – like The Holy Church of MAFS on Facebook