MAFS UK 2024 commitment ceremony stay

The MAFS UK couples who have absolutely no reason to still be writing stay

What on EARTH are this lot playing at!?

Yet another Married at First Sight UK commitment ceremony has lurched along and made me lose all faith in MAFS being a realistic experiment. Hate to say it, but it is true. Time after time, brides and grooms of MAFS UK 2024 are writing stay in the commitment ceremony for no rhyme or reason. Last night was the most I have potentially ever rolled my eyes at a TV show, and I do not say that lightly. I am a compulsive eye roller. Make of that what you will. Here’s a rundown of the the MAFS UK couples of 2024 who have absolutely no reason at all writing stay at this point in the competition.

Pack it up NOW.

Caspar and Emma

I saw the preview for the next episode, and perhaps they made it worthwhile when choosing to stay and something breaks through. But I truly don’t get what either of these two are fighting for beyond airtime. Would you not just want to go home? Why put yourself through it all. You’re not having fun, you’re barely even mates and you’re a month into a TV show about marriage without so much as a snog – let alone a shag. Seeing other couples around you being so full of lust and connection must be so frustrating. Just get home to your posh gaffs, guys – call it a day.

Richelle and Orson 

Honestly, these two. It’s making me miserable. If I had a pair who I one billion per cent thought would choose to leave the show, you’re looking at them. There is literally nothing but venom going on here. Why on god’s green earth if Orson is as bad as Richelle is saying, if he’s worth branding a “cretin”, would you continue to put stay and optionally miss your own daughter’s birthday? If you’re having such a dreadful time and giving me no inclination that you even wanted to come on this show, just go home?

Alex and Holly

Alex MAFS UK 2024

Unlike the others here, there’s clearly some form of romantic spark between them – but we all know it’s deeply uncomfortable to watch. I think I’d be hating every second even if the allegations against Alex hadn’t come out. When Holly said last night that he intimidates her I felt so uneasy.

Hannah and Stephen

MAFS UK Hannah Ryan cheating scandal

There is nothing but fury and resentment here, and I can’t even blame Stephen for it. I know Hannah says she’d never have revealed what she threatened to reveal – but if anyone I was romantically with did something like that to me even as a threat I couldn’t get past it. Maybe I’m stubborn. But I too would say leave, and even if that person put stay I would just tell the show… No. I’m off! And it clearly wasn’t worth staying because in the preview for tonight it looks like it was a waste of everyone’s time. I get it’s their first MAFS UK 2024 commitment ceremony but if you don’t want to stay, why write it!?

For all the latest MAFS UK 2024 cast member news, scandals, gossip and updates – like The Holy Church of MAFS on Facebook