Manchester music student found dead in bathroom of halls of residence

20-year-old Cian Chantrill is described as being ‘friends with everyone’

A BIMM Music Institute Manchester student was found dead in a bathroom at his halls of residence.

20-year-old Cian Chantrill was found last Saturday, 28th October, after last being seen on Thursday 26th October, Bishop’s Stortford Independent reports.

Believed to have died from natural causes, a post mortem was carried out on Tuesday 31st October.

Cian’s family reported that his life’s ambition was to become a music producer. In Manchester studying electronic music production, Cian was known as a talented musician and popular barman in his hometown of Bishop Stortford.

He was in his first term at BIMM, and had previously been involved with assisting the sound and lighting for performing arts productions. He had also been a member of Bishop’s Stortford Academy of Performing Arts for a decade.

His father, Grant, told the Bishop’s Stortford Independent that he has recently suffered from Covid-19 and tonsillitis, but nothing to suggest any serious illnesses. The family have received an outpouring of condolences on social media, showing Cian’s popularity amongst friends and family.

Speaking of his son’s relationships with others, including his young peers, Grant said: “He loved everybody and everybody loved him. He was friends with everyone.”

ProdBy5ky, Cian’s producing alias, was created from his middle name of Sky, a reference to his favourite football team, Coventry City.

The final football match the two attended together was the EFL Championship play-off final in May. His father mentioned that despite Coventry’s loss, Cian had remained upbeat due to his “sunny outlook on life”.

As well as football and music, Cian was known as a keen darts player and a “social butterfly”. Calling his son “super talented”, Grant said his mission is now to fulfil Cian’s dream of “getting his music out there”.

Featured image via Google Maps.

Related articles recommended by the writer: