Image may contain: Officer, Military Uniform, Military, Road, Wheel, Machine, Tarmac, Asphalt, Car, Transportation, Automobile, Vehicle, Person, Human

Breaking: A car has crashed into a house near Wilmslow Road

The driver and two passengers have fled the scene

At 6pm this evening a car crashed into the side of a house on Wiltshire road.

An eyewitness has told The Tab Manchester exclusively they saw a Volkswagen Golf ‘flying’ down Ladybarn at ‘around 40mph’ when it collided with a Fiat trying to make a right turn. The Golf then crashed into the side of a student house, destroying a large portion of the wall, leaving residents unable to get out.

A reported four men jumped out of the car and fled, before returning for their rucksacks. One man, who is thought to be a part of the crash, was seen ‘pinned’ against a police car on Kingswood road.

Image may contain: Automobile, Car, Bus, Ambulance, Machine, Wheel, Transportation, Van, Vehicle, Person, Human

Within a mile east of popular Manchester student locations such as The Bar, 256, and Fallowfield Sainsbury's, the area is highly populated by students and sits central to Fallowfield.

A fire truck, ambulance, and police are on the scene. No serious injuries have been reported at this time.

Greater Manchester Police has been contacted for further comment.