A man has died after being ‘pushed into a moving tram’ at Victoria Station

GMP have confirmed that a 31-year-old woman is in custody on suspicion of murder, following the incident

Hide Images

A man has died after being “pushed into a moving tram” at Victoria station, GMP have confirmed.

Greater Manchester Police released a statement earlier today following the incident:

“A woman is in custody after a man was pushed into a moving tram at Victoria Station causing him to fall between the platform and tram.

Shortly after 7.50pm on Sunday 11 June 2017 police were called to Victoria Station to reports of a collision involving a man and a tram.

Emergency services attended but the man, believed to be in his 30s, sadly died at the scene.

A 31-year-old woman was arrested at the scene on suspicion of murder and remains in police custody.”

The incident meant that Victoria Station had to be closed, which caused some travel issues with Parklife festival goers. Transport for Greater Manchester issued a statement confirming that they were aware that the closure would cause disruption with regard to Parklife and asked “everyone to please bear with us and be patient.”

Updates to follow.