Second years raise £350 at Koh Tao for the homeless

‘We’re just raising money whilst doing what we do best’

“We want to provide a night that entertains people but also allows them to make some sort of a difference at the same time.”

On Tuesday night BLIND Events put on their second charity night at Koh Tao in support of Manchester based charity Mustard Tree.

The talented trio consisting of second years Dale Chancellor, Asher Silverman and Ross Morgan managed to raise a total of £350 for the very worthy cause.

They just want to help the community

The trio have said they feel strongly about this charity due to the drastic closures of homeless shelters across Manchester.

They told us: “Choosing a local charity is important to us. We think focusing on the problem locally will have more of a direct impact. That’s not to say it’s not a nationwide issue though.

“The Koh Tao staff are really helpful, they are always open to new ideas and willing to give people like us an opportunity to start something.”

They kept the basement busy until 2.30am

The boys wanted to make sure they had a wide range of musical genres at the event so it was a night that would appeal to everyone, regardless of their musical preference.

Spinning some delicious vibes

Dale said: “It was smooth and funky upstairs with some delicious disco vibes to keep people moving, but still relaxed.

“The real party was downstairs, with the BLIND DJs providing a mix of the freshest house, bass, garage and grime to keep the basement going all the way until 2:30am.”

Keep your eyes peeled for the next BLIND event

Dale, Asher and Ross said they are really happy with how the last two events turned out and are looking forward to running more charity events in the future.

“Last night may not have been the busiest night we’ve done but we definitely kept up the atmosphere and have had great feedback, so we are feeling optimistic for the future.”