CCTV footage released of a key witness after a student was raped in Fallowfield

Police are appealing for anyone with information to come forward

The Great Manchester Police are trying to trace a key witness that may be vital to their investigation of a rape that took place in Fallowfield last month.

The 19-year-old female student was raped as she returned from a night out in last month.

The attack took place sometime between midnight and 4.30am in the early hours of Wednesday 7th October.

The GMP investigating the attack have released CCTV images of a man they’d like to speak to.

The footage shows the victim walking down Wilmslow Road with a man.

He is described as white, around 18-19 years old, of skinny build and with brown messy hair styled into a quiff.

The witness is seen here with the victim in Fallowfield.

He is seen wearing black skinny jeans and a black leather jacket and is also believed to be a student.

Police believe this unidentified man could hold vital clues to what happened to her.

Detective Inspector Damian Simpson of the Serious Sexual Offences Unit has made an appeal for anyone with information to contact the police:

“This man may hold vital pieces to the puzzle, and we need him to come forward.

“We would like to speak to him as a witness in our investigation, so if the man in the picture is you or you recognise him, please get in touch.

“We are appealing for this witness to come forward but anyone else who may have any information should get in touch.

“You may think your information is trivial, but it could be vital to our investigation, so please call us and tell us what you know.”

Anyone with information is asked to call police on 0161 856 1911 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.