Police seize PS3 from students after neighbours complain about noisy 4am gaming sessions

They must have the new COD

Police have confiscated a PS3 from a house of students after neighbours complained about their late night gaming sessions. 

They swooped in on the noisy gamers on Brailsford Road in Fallowfield after a string complaints from angry neighbours.

Fuming residents say the students, who go to Man Met and Salford Uni, would return home from a night out at 4am, and play the PlayStation on full blast.

Brailsford Road in Fallowfield

Now, police and council officers have seized the console, as well as five Philips surround sound speakers, two laptop speakers, a Philips DVD player and Samsung flat screen TV.

And the items will be held for 28 days when the offenders will then have to cough up a hefty fine.

A Manchester council spokesman told the M.E.N: “This seizure demonstrates that we take these concerns from residents very seriously and we work closely with the police and universities to take action against any households that cause problems for their neighbours.

“We started receiving complaints from people living near this house several weeks ago, and after issuing a noise abatement notice, they continued to disregard the impact their behaviour was having on their neighbours and we have now visited them to take their speakers and noise making equipment.

“Residents should not have to put up with noise until the early hours of the morning, and we will always investigate complaints, issuing noise abatement notices to people we find behaving in this manner . In rare cases when this does not bring the problem to an end, we will work with the police to seize equipment .”