UCL confirms lectures and large group seminars ‘most likely online’ in September

UCL’s goal is to allow students on campus for the start of autumn term

UCL confirmed to The Tab that their goal is to allow students back for the start of Autumn Term with social distancing measures in place to keep students safe.

Currently UCL is working to establish what teaching will be delievered in person. It is likely that lectures and large group seminars will have to be delivered online for the first term, but the amount of face-to-face teaching will vary across departments. The University states that they are working with “each department to establish which teaching will be delivered face-to face safely under social distancing conditions” as there is no “one size fits all solution”

UCL emphasised it is continuing to invest in new resources and looking into opportunities to connect with London and the wider world while following social-distancing measures to continue to ensure that students have a rich academic experience, despite having to complete some learning online.

This comes as a relief after Cambridge’s announcement that lectures will be moved online until Summer 2021, as is clear UCL is looking for avenues to avoid this.

UCL assured The Tab that when more information is available they will share it.

For more information on UCL’s response to the Coronavirus click here.