Queen Mary Law and History fresher fatally stabbed in East London

He becomes 12th teen to be murdered in London this year

Hide Images

On Monday night, 18 year old Queen Mary's Sami Sidhom was stabbed to death near his home in Forest Gate, east London.

Sidhom was the fourth teenager killed in the last fortnight in the capital. He was a law and history fresher at Queen Mary University, having left Newham Collegiate Sixth Form after his A levels last year.

After the stabbing, which took place at around 10.50pm, the attacker left the scene of the crime in a silver car with his accomplice.

A friend of Sidhom told The Telegraph: "I can't believe this has happened, I'm totally shocked, he was never in any trouble. He never did anything illegal.

"He was very bright. One of the things he wanted to be was a lawyer. He was the kind of friend who would always help you, he was always very supportive.

"He looked after and lived with his grandmother as his grandfather died. He was a good family boy."

Sadiq Khan, the Mayor of London, said in a statement: "My heart goes out to the friends and family of the teenager who lost his life in Forest Gate last night.

"I am in close contact with the police and I am reassured that they are doing everything they can to bring those responsible to justice and keep Londoners safe."

Detectives are examining several possible scenarios, including that the attacker mistook Sidhom for someone else.