Drake was at XOYO last night, and you missed it

Skepta and Giggs also performed

Yesterday evening, Canadian rap artist Drake performed a secret London show at Shoreditch club XOYO.

Originally a club night with Smoke Dawg, an artist “at the forefront of the underground Toronto rap scene” being the headline act, the night, where approximately 150 people showed up, turned into a gig with Drake, as well as other heavy hitters like Skepta and Giggs performing.

XOYO, just next to the Old Street roundabout, a mile or so from UCL, is normally known by students for its Tuesday night, SNEAK which plays House, Techno and Bass into the wee hours.

Drake performed downstairs

XOYO had hinted that there would be a few surprises. On their website they tell fans to “be assured you’re in for some VERY special surprises.”

Seeing Drake is normally very expensive with tickets for his next publicised gig, part of his ‘The Boy Meets the World’ tour, starting at around £110. However, those lucky punters who went last night managed to get tickets for as little as £3.

Here’s a video from the event:

Karndeep Buttar, who was at XOYO last night, told The Tab: “It was originally a Nafe Smallz & Smoke Dawg show with “special guests”, the first guest brought out was Chip to do ‘smoking’ with Nafe and then Smoke Dawg did his set where he brought out Skepta, then Section came and did ‘Lock Arf & Trapping aint dead’, then Giggs next and then lastly Drake Came out.

“Drake came out and did Energy about twice, bit of a wheel up thing cos the crowd went mental first time round. It was the downstairs room at XOYO so I would say around 100-150 max people. No one knew Drake was going to come out, it was all speculation since he’s doing his tour but when I was queuing loads of black vans came so we assumed someone big was coming.

“Probably the best tenner i’ve spent, got to see Drake and half of the grime scene for the same price as a chicken and chips from Nandos.”

Some people who were also at the gig last night, were quick to tell the world on Twitter.

This person speaks to all of us who didn’t go last night: