London Culture On a Student Budget

Georgie Coupe welcomes us back to UCL with some bargain theatre, featuring some of Britain’s biggest names

January is in full flow and it is definitely the perfect time to attempt to obey the resolutions made and to become more cultural, and what better way that with a trip to the theatre? The Michael Grandage Theatre Company provides a perfect evening’s entertainment with a range of five plays and tickets priced at a reasonable £10- especially with dazzling cast members including Dame Judi Dench, Daniel Radcliffe and THE Jude Law!

Peter and Alice is the company’s next play (9th March-1st June), starring Judi Dench and Ben Whishaw. The piece explores the meeting of Alive Liddell Hargreaves and Peter Llewelyn Davies, the real life inspiration for Alice in Wonderland and Peter Pan. Fiction and reality intertwine in this extraordinary piece of theatre.

Another not to be missed is the Shakespeare’s play within a play, A Midsummer Night’s Dream. David Walliams has been cast as the hilarious Bottom, the weaver who develops the head of an ass, with comedy gem Sheridan Smith also joining the show’s line-up. The chaos of the classic comedy ensures a night of laughter.

Finally, it would be wrong not to draw attention to Jude Law in Henry V. Although the play is not out for a while, it would be utter madness to pass up an opportunity to see Jude Law for £10. Law plays the King struggling with the difficulties of war and leading his country to victory. Tickets will go fast so book now!

Michael Grandage Company Productions
Various dates
Noel Coward Theatre
£10
For more information & more plays visit : http://www.michaelgrandagecompany.com