“When else are you going to experience something like this in your life?”

Emily Hilton sits down for a chat with Dominic Putt, President of RAG Society and Jailbreak convener

The UCL Buzz UCL RAG Society

So, Dom, why did you want to bring Jailbreak to UCL? 

I actually found out about Jailbreak from my brother who was at Durham university. Then, when I went to university, a couple of my mates took part in Jailbreak at Warwick and Durham, making it to Tenerife and somewhere in Germany. Having heard about their experiences, I wanted to bring Jailbreak to UCL because it had never taken place here and it has the potential to raise loads of money for charity. Compared to organising balls or other big events, Jailbreak requires isn't expensivet to organise.

Why should students take part in Jailbreak?

When else are you going to experience something like this in your life? After university, you’re going to go into a job and its unlikely you’ll have an opportunity like Jailbreak, where all the logistics are is arranged for you. You can just turn up on the day and see what happens!

How many teams have signed up?

We now have 133 people who have paid to take part. We’ve currently raised £6400 with a week to go so we are aiming to raise £15,000, which would be amazing amount to give to charity.

What destination would you like to visit if you taking part in Jailbreak?

Australia. I was lucky enough to go there on holiday a few years ago. If ended up there, I’d just want to find a mass empty stretch of beach to celebrate my winnings.
Apparently someone from Warwick got there last year. They had a contact with the nephew of Richard Branson and bagged first class tickets to Sydney!

What is your top tip for teams?

Wear the brightest, craziest costume you can find in Camden-and a don’t forget a big arse sign!

How people can give money to charity ‘Raise2Give’?

All you do is go on the website https://www.raise2give.com/rag-jailbreak-2012/, choose your favourite team, and donate.

UCL Jailbreak begins this Saturday 25th February 2012.