Sport Liverpool hosting drop-in prostate and testicular cancer advice session for Movember

The session will be from 12-4pm on the 28th of November

Every year sports teams across the Liverpool universities put in a great effort to raise money for the Movember charity to raise awareness of men’s health issues including testicular and prostate cancer and mental health. It also means we get to see a pretty interesting array of moustaches across campus.

Sport Liverpool have announced that it will be hosting a prostate and testicular cancer drop in advice session on the 28th of November from 12-4pm in the UoL sports centre foyer as part of their work for Movember. This will be running as well as the mental health and wellbeing sessions that are taking place every Wednesday throughout November in the sports centre from 2-3pm.

Speaking to the Tab Liverpool they said: “Catie the cancer and palliative care coordinator will be running this session and she will be talking about symptoms and when to get checked”. They continued further saying: “the session is open to everyone and the more people that know about it the better”.

You can find out more information about the Movember charity here. In the meantime, if you feel as though you are struggling with your mental health, there are lots of resources out there to help, for local support in Liverpool click here, click here for the Samaritans helpline and for advice on how to look after your mental health during the cost of living crisis click here.

If you are concerned about your health, always contact you GP

Featured image credit: Instagram @teamsportliv