LJMU and Independent Liverpool are holding a street-food festival

Get your act together University of Liverpool

food independent liverpool jmu John Moores liverpool students who

This Thursday, LJMU students can buy tickets costing only £2.50 for a Independent Liverpool / Liverpool SU collaboration event at the Great Baltic Warehouse on Greenland Street. The ticket gives them entry to a street food festival and gives them an Independent Liverpool card (worth £15).

The food line-up for the street food fest includes burgers from Free State Kitchen, Lebanese delights from Bakchich, classic burritos from Evil Eye and a chicken wing shack from Koop. Johnny Bongo (of Bongo’s Bingo fame) is playing a DJ set and local rock band Tommy Tenderloin and the Peppercorn Kids will play after. The event also promises a ‘winter garden’.

Independent Liverpool have joined up with JMU’s Liverpool Student Union to offer the deal, which sees a £2.50 ticket also guarantee them a Independent Liverpool card, giving them deals at independent shops and restaurants across the Merseyside area for a year. The cards normally cost £15.

In contrast, the Liverpool Guild of Students for Liv Uni are offering a ‘Guild Christmas Day’ on Friday 9th December, which includes craft stalls in the courtyard (complete with Bucks Fizz, Mulled Wine and Snowballs), a Christmas Dinner for £5, a Santa’s grotto and Yule-tide hymns and songs from the University’s choir. They are also starting their ‘GuildWish’ present-giving twitter campaign on the 1st December for 9 days.