Man tries to smuggle cocaine through John Lennon airport inside Kinder eggs

Kinder surprise!

cocaine drugs eggs john lennon airport kinder eggs liverpool smuggling

A man has been jailed after he was caught trying to smuggle two Kinder Surprise eggs filled with cocaine from Liverpool John Lennon airport to a stag-do in Spain.

Joseph Poulson, 27, attempted to smuggle cocaine on a flight to Spain from Liverpool. He is alleged to have worked for a gang led by local cage fighting sensation Paul ‘Boom Boom Cahoon.’

Poulson, along with seven other conspirators, was jailed for 50 years for their part in this event and another conspiracy, where officers seized cocaine, amphetamines, thousands of pounds in cash, flash cars and even jet-skis in raids on homes last July.

Judge Steven Everett showed his disappointment at the lack of common sense displayed by Poulson, telling him; “You tried to take abroad a substantial amount of drugs, apparently for some stag weekend. It’s not an edifying picture is it? You and your mates abroad, drinking heavily, sniffing cocaine, completely getting out of it.

“And the sheer nerve – having been involved in a quarter of a kilo cocaine conspiracy – to get involved in this. You had the utter nerve to try to take it through customs.”

A dog took interest in Poulson leading the police to search him and find eggs in his pockets. Police seized Poulsons mobile phone, £190 in cash, and his freedom of movement. The eggs found contained 49 wraps of 30% pure cocaine, weighing nearly an ounce.

A cocaine filled ‘adult’ kinder egg??

The police have concluded that Poulson was planning on using the drugs on holiday with his mates. However, he has also been linked with a major drugs conspiracy in the North West. Michael Challoner, who supposedly supplied Poulson, was stopped in Widnes driving a van with 71% pure class A drugs worth up to £24,800.

Poulson, who has a previous conviction for possessing cocaine, pleaded guilty to the cocaine conspiracy and a separate charge of possession of cocaine with intent to supply. The Judge explained: “You made a decision to involve yourself in the supply of this illegal drug in two different ways.” Judge Everett handed him two consecutive terms, adding up to four years behind bars in total.

Not such an egg-cellent idea after all.