Shia LaBeouf is at FACT today and he’s answering your calls

Autobots, Roll Out

| UPDATED university university of liverpool Wood Street

The Transformers star and performance artist is live streaming calls from Liverpool as part of the “Follow” exhibition at FACT.

Shia LeBeouf is launching his latest art installation #TOUCHMYSOUL in Liverpool today, asking people to call him up and touch his soul through the medium of telephone conversation.

LaBeouf and two other collaborating artists will be taking phone calls at FACT on Wood Street between 11:00 and 18:00 from now until Sunday, live streaming the conversations at www.touchmysoul.net.

JUST DO IT SHIA

If you want to chat to Shia and discuss just how the Autobots saved earth, or consider the dark underbelly of the concept of “famous”, or maybe ask for some JUST DO IT motivation to power you through that coursework deadline,  you can call him on 0151 808 0771. Go on, just do it. Don’t let your dreams be dreams.

Even though the star is rumoured to be worth $25 million, standard rates apply on all phone calls.

Second year geographer Jordan Smith, who successfully got through to the Transformers star,  told The Tab: “I rang up and got through and shouted ‘JUST DO IT’ down the phone at him and he hung up on me. Now, I’m never going to watch transformers again.”

The actor, famous for the Transformers movies and Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, has previously made headlines with artistic performances such as wearing a paper bag on his head printed with the words “I AM NOT FAMOUS ANYMORE”.

Sam, a second year Engineering student, said of Shia’s latest project: “Weird as fuck.”

You can visit Shia and his artistic collaborators from the 11th December to the 13th December at FACT, where their call centre installation is part of a wider exhibition, ‘Follow’,  which explores image and identity in our social media driven world. “Follow” will be at fact from the 11th December to the 21st February.