Magnet’s back… again

The Magnet is reopening after 18 months in hibernation, and this time it’s sticking around.

clubs Hardman Street liverpool magnet the magnet

Magnet, the favourite of the 24 hour clubbing student, is to return after an 18 month hiatus.

The club shut down in 2012 and has since held false hopes of a reopening, but this time it is definitely back up and running. Pinky promise.

The clubbing favourite, on Hardman Street, used to play host to some of the biggest nights in Liverpool, such as Juicy (now held at The Shipping Forecast) and Itchy Feet.

The Magnet, which has been around for half a century, is, in their own words,  “a bar rich in culture and history and has been present (in various forms) in Liverpool for the last 50 years.”

Magnet will play host to weekly Friday house parties in the basement,  and has already started its Funk and Soul nights.

The club is celebrating its return with a launch party  that will include a whopping 25 musicians performing – albeit divided into two bands, the 13 person “The Fire Beneath The Sea” and the 12 piece “We, The Unsigned”.

Tickets for the event on the 22nd May, conveniently in the middle of exams, are available for a fiver on the door or three quid on skiddle.com .

Like The Tab on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.