Meet the BNOTs

Of the 17 nominations we received for BNOC of the Year 2014, only four were willing to go ahead with it. So what about the others too humble to put themselves forward?

BNOC BNOC of the year bnot

Evidently the pressure of the BNOC lifestyle is too much for some people to handle, as only a small fraction of the 17 nominations we received can face the fame of entering the competition.

Harriet Hey, Roger Kennedy, Scott Knowles and Talal Al-Bahri are currently battling it out between them to be crowned this year’s BNOC of the Year, but the other 13 nominees backed out when The Tab contacted them to congratulate them on being such a big deal.

He wasn’t keen

When nominations first opened, Tom Carlin was a front runner in the competition.  We received scores of nominations for Tom, yet sadly he declined our offer of potentially becoming our official BNOC.

This devastating news shocked his housemates, who insisted we still put him forward.  We received this message shortly after Tom refused to take part:

The news top nominee Tom was no longer taking part broke the hearts of his fans

Other nominees fobbed us off with being just a humble BNOC.

Oscar Griffiths, nominated for being a #vetlad, said: “Sorry but I don’t think I will take part. Though I love the BNOC life I can’t help but feel that there are so many more deserving BNOCs out there that play the role better than I. Thank you very much for this chance but I humbly must let it pass by.”

She didn’t fancy it either

Adam ‘Badam’ Church simply told us he “won’t be able to live up to the pressure.

It seems, despite being deemed worthy enough to be nominated in the first place, some BNOCs just cannot understand why they have been voted.

Tuomas Anttila, described as the “Finnish Gorilla”, said: “as flattering as this is I don’t think I fit the criteria haha. My house-mates must’ve nominated me.”

Oh, to be a humble BNOC.

This girl couldn’t hack it

Other nominees weren’t so polite.  Adan May received tons of praise in our comments section.

One fan said: “Saw him down a full pint in one once. Gets my vote.”  Another swooning fan confessed how good looking they thought he was.

Yet even though he has the support of the masses, Adam replied to us saying: “sorry I’m not really interested in being a part of this.”

Gregory Deer, Andrew Walker, Adam Sawko and Liam Toomey were equally insistent they didn’t want to be a part of it.

Tom Redford, Megan Hilton and Harry Sheehan just didn’t reply.

Like The Tab on Facebook and follow us on Twitter