Lincoln Students’ Union have launched rapid drug spiking testing on campus

This new service is available to any student who needs it

The University of Lincoln’s Students’ Union and Student Wellbeing Centre are working together with Lincolnshire Police to allow students to take a rapid drug test at the Student Wellbeing Centre if they believe they have been spiked the night before.

The Engine Shed, located opposite the university library has now increased levels of “overt and covert processes” in place to protect students. “We have prevention measures in place, such as drink covers, foil tops and drink test kits. We also have detection measures in places such as drug detection dogs, as well as physical searching.” The addition adds post-event identification of spiking to our in-event methods.

The tests are able to detect morphine, amphetamines, benzodiazepines, opiates, cocaine, methadone, fentanyl, LSD, MDMA, methamphetamines, synthetic cannabis, cannabis and tramadol. Upon attending the Student Wellbeing Centre, students will be given the necessary wellbeing support through the testing and any Police reporting process, if required.

In a social media post, Lincoln’s Students’ Union said: “If you feel unwell and believe you have been spiked, it’s imperative that you attend your local hospital or contact the Police on 101 in the first instance.”

Students are reminded that the Student Wellbeing Centre and the Students’ Union Advice Centre are “safe, confidential spaces with trained staff available to support all students in  a variety of areas.”

You can contact both centres at [email protected] and [email protected]. The Student Wellbeing Centre is open Monday to Thursday from 8:30am to 5pm and on Friday from 8:30am to 4:30pm.