Everything happening in Leeds this September that will make you forget about your summer blues

Summer’s not over yet

I suppose the time has come where we all need to face the fact that summer is over and uni is just around the corner. However the fun does not need to stop just because it is September, in fact it all begins now. There is even more to September than Freshers week and we have a list of all the un-missable events happening in Leeds throughout the rest of the month.

Headphone disco

Kick off Fresher's with a surreal clubbing experience, where two DJs broadcast tunes via an FM channel. You then get to pick the best songs throughout the night, which means you are guaranteed to only party to the songs you want to.

18th September, Leeds University Union, 22.30

Street Beach Party

Despite been in the middle of the country, Leeds will finally be blessed with a beach which will take over the streets for one night. A tonne of sand, alcohol and even a hot tub has been promised at this party, so it is not one to be missed.

18th September, 18th September 22.00

The Tequila Festival

https://www.instagram.com/p/BY2SFSdHRJo

Canal Mills is Leeds' edgy paradise, so there is no better way to introduce yourself to this iconic club than through a tequila festival. Advertised as a 'Mexican fiesta like no other', this festival will be full of piñata's, cocktails, burritos and of course, lots of tequila.

30th September, Canal Mills

Boombox Circus Festival

Boombox Circus Festival will bring the best of organic, hand-picked, local artists brought together through a different sound system culture, while showcasing all the crazy delights of a circus.

29th September, BeaverWorks

Cheese Fest Leeds

Canal Mills is opening it's doors for a cheese festival, which promises mac and cheese waffles, halloumi fries and cheese cake pops… I need to say no more.

16th September, Canal Mills, 10am

The Real Princess Ball

If you didn't manage to make the cut at the Disneyland auditions then  fear not, this free fancy dress princess event is set to 'celebrate diversity' through photographs and even has a bar. The only downside is that your princess dress might not be edgy enough for an after party at Canal Mills.

15th September, Holy Trinity Church, 7pm

Photo credits: Karl Spencer and Daniel Watson