Literally every single type of student you’ll meet in Leeds

Which one are you?

Leeds undoubtedly has the best students in the UK, but what makes us the most interesting is our variety of personalities that happily coexist within the city. After all it is a common sight to see a "so Leeds" gal in Fruity trying to please her fruity obsessed housemate.

The girls who are just “so Leeds”

Probs from London

Probs from London

This girl only wears vintage sportswear, yet has never been spotted in a gym (or in a lecture for that matter). You can guarantee that she spent weeks scouting out the perfect puffer jacket and dedicates hours of her time trying to master the effortlessly edgy style that Leeds is famous for.

The people who are way too obsessed with Fruity

He will most definitely get a first

He will most definitely get a first

Unlike every other Leeds student that goes to fruity ~ironically~ or if there’s ~nothing on~ this guy has a real passion for the night, and if by some misfortune he missed out on the online tickets you can count on him for showing up at the union at 10 pm on a Friday to pick up his paper ticket. He'll probably even wait in Terrace or Old Bar till the doors open.

Glitter Gang

Probably went to Boomtown once and won’t shut up about it

Will find any occasion to cover the entirety of her body in glitter. Whilst forcefully applying glitter to your face she will discuss her vegetarianism and strong political views before mentioning the tour of Latin America that she has planned to “find herself” once she graduates.

The one that didn’t realise how edgy Leeds was

She wore heels to Canal Mills once

She wore heels to Canal Mills once

Picked Leeds University for its shops and cocktail bars, jeans and nice top is her religion, only drinks G & Ts and prosecco.

The one who's totally nailed shabby chic

Edgy B is the only library they know

Edgy B is the only library they know

Over time the Leeds student has perfected the “scruffy chic” look and with that came our passion for fleeces. Only a Leeds student would spend £40 on a vintage fleece in order to look unpolished. Their pass time include sipping craft beers, discussing their genuine love for electronic music and grabbing lunch at bakery 164.

The home bird

"There's a 24 hour Greggs in Newcastle and we have trebles […]"

This student will make you wonder why they chose to Leeds in the first place, if all they were going to do is bang on about home. Don't get too attached to this type of student because you won't see them much after Christmas as they will find any excuse to spend every weekend at home.

The southerner

Always brings a coat on a night out

Always brings a coat on a night out

This specific type of student thought coming up north would give her the edge that she needed to distinguish herself from her southerner mates. She believes that anything north of London is the the north. And once the novelty of how cheap everything is wears off she will start to constantly complain about the weather and how she can't understand any of the locals or her northern roommates.