Everything that’s happening in Leeds this week that you can finally enjoy now that exams are over

You thought this moment would never come

Exams are practically over, and now we can all breathe a collective sigh of relief that the horror has passed once more. In celebration, or commiseration depending on how much you studied, we can now all look forward to the many events in Leeds this week. So really, you’ll be doing just the same as before, but without the lingering guilt.

The Pains of Being Pure At Heart, Brudenell Social Club, Monday 

The Pains of Being Pure at Heart were formed in 2007 and are an indie/alternative pop band from New York City, here in Leeds as part of their UK tour. Tickets are £17.60 and the event starts at 7:30 pm.

Tom Williams, Brudenell Social Club, Tuesday

‘It’s a strange story. A folk-rock band – signed to Moshi Moshi, beloved of BBC 6 Music, support act to Adele – nearly make it in the business, but not quite. Their frontman packs it all in and turns to teaching, with no plans to make a record again. Then, in 2017, he produces the album of his career – with the help of some school children, and a group of first year students from Leeds.’ Doors open at 7:30 pm and tickets are £8.80.

Sarah Pascoe: LadsLadsLads, The Wardrobe, Tuesday

As part of the All Leeds Comedy Festival, Sarah Pascoe will be performing at The Wardrobe at 8:45, although doors open at 8:15 pm. Tickets are £11, so if you fancy a night of comedy after the horrors of exams then you know where to go.

The Courtneys, Headrow House, Thursday

‘The debut track off of The Courtneys’ sophomore album was praised by Pitchfork as a track of the week. The tongue in cheek band is more than proving themselves with their follow-up. The track Minnesota is a melody filled tune capturing the fast paced energy of the band.’ Doors open at 8 pm and tickets are £7.70.

Coasts, Belgrave Music Hall, Friday 

‘Although only one record in, COASTS career has taken them to the very top of the game, including appearances at major festivals such as Coachella, Glastonbury, Reading & Leeds and Lollapalooza, as well as numerous sold-out UK, European and North American tours.’ So, if you feel like this could be the event for you, tickets are £13.20 and doors open at 7 pm.

Low Roar, Brudenell Social Club, Saturday

‘Low Roar is an ambient soundscape musician based in Iceland. His compositions were recorded in a kitchen due to budget constraints after moving from California, but they’ve lauded him fans across the world.’ Doors open at 7 pm and tickets are £9.

Leeds Ball, Saturday 

Tickets have sold out online but you may be able to buy one on one of the numerous ticket selling groups on Facebook, so you may still be lucky. From 9 pm to 6 am,  and featuring appearances from Sigma and Kurupt FM. It’s one of the most anticipated nights of the year and it’s less than a week away.