We asked people if they think they’re edgy enough to be in Leeds

‘I was born edgy’

Anyone who thinks of Leeds immediately thinks of it as fashion capital of wavy garms, shabby chic and baseball caps. For students in Leeds, being edgy is almost as important as the degree they are there for. The truth is revealed below as we asked ‘Are you edgy enough to be in Leeds?’

Matthew, first year, Law

“I’ve been caught at the wrong time! I would say yes, tie dye or no dye, how about that”

Emma, second year, Italian

“My Canal Mills bag can’t be in the picture, I have only used it out of necessity. I’m 100% edgy enough to be in Leeds, I would say to always shop in Topshop and follow the crowd.”

Ben, second year, Physics

“Yes, I don’t even need to try.”

Lyra, second year, Maths and Philosophy, Lyle, second year, English and History

“I have never considered myself edgy, it just happened. I was born edgy.”

Dory, second year, Economics

“I feel like I don’t dress edgy, but that’s part of it. You need to look basic to be edgy so then people don’t expect it. I’m that edgy that I go to Donuts every week and my friend said that if I left Leeds, Canal Mills would go out of business.

You can graduate to ‘Edgy Leeds’ when you wear your vintage jacket, wear your dirty white trainers and smoke outside Eddy B. You have to own a pair of Rebooks or Nikes, the dirtier the better.”

Conrad, final year, Music

“I think I’m edgy enough for Leeds, I always live life on the edge and I would say to always be free.”

Louisa, first year, History

“With my sunglasses on, I would say yes, I’m edgy enough to be in Leeds.”

Jess, first year, Law

“I don’t even feel very edgy today, but I think if I was a club, I would have to be wire.”