Leeds’ BNOC of the Year 2017: Round three

There can only be one winner

You know the drill. Scroll down, have a read, and vote for who you think deserves the coveted crown of BNOC 2017.

Joseph Coventry, First Year, Music Production student

His nickname is Big Joe, and according to his mates everyone in his accommodation knows his name. He hasn’t attended uni all semester, he once “passed out in Munich and woke up thinking he was in Mint Warehouse”, and he also once wrote the entire lyrics of ‘Don’t You Want Me Baby’ on a girl’s wall because she didn’t want to go on a date with him. But he did also once complete the Otley Run in full, and promised a girl from his accomodation that he would bring her back some cheesy chips from Crispy’s on his way home. So there is a nice guy there too it seems.

Zeinab Drabu, Fourth Year, International Relations and German student

According to her friends, “you can barely walk around campus for two seconds with “dab for drabs” without her bumping into someone”, and she was once “caught in the background of a Hilary Benn twitter picture munching a Flames on Parkinson steps.

Matilda Middleton-Beattie, Second Year, Broadcast Journalism student

All her friends have to say about Matilda is that she’s “peed three times in Mission VIP (on the carpet floor), and once on a canal mills bench”. What more do you need to know?

Jess Mitchell, First Year, Law student

Jess is the social sec for development netball, the sports sec for law, and she knows all the DJs in Leeds. She once got scouted for glamour magazine from her beauty blog, but she turned it down because she said she was too good for that, and when people add her on Facebook, they can’t because she has too many friend requests to answer already.

Funniest story? She was once catfished by people who used her pics, said they were from Adelaide and worked in Woolworths.

Richard Bannister, Third year, Economics student

Known as the “Ginger Legend”, Richard is well known around campus for his massive performance in the last two rugby union varsity matches. If he’s not playing rugby or in the library then he’s outside doing his outdoor adventure module, making friends with people from all nationalities and backgrounds. Richard is also “well known for turning in to a pterodactyl after few too many drinks, whether it be in fruity or in club Malaysia on the Ski trip, the eyes go back and the wings come out”.

Best story? He once went to a house party with a friend who happened to be a girl who supposedly liked him and they were starting to get rather close. He ended up getting close with another girl, invited both of them up to bed with him to “sleep”, and ending up getting naughty with the second girl – the one that wasn’t his friend. It took a good 8 months for Richard to get his friendship back on track with this girl who refused to even look at him for months.

Georgina Mary Davis, First Year, Fine Art and Cultural Theory student

Georgina’s a sweet girl until you see her in her element on a night out, according to her friends.  A wannabe yoga mum, local legend, this girl kisses the server at Crispy’s in the hope of another complementary battered sausage, she is solely responsible for almost getting herself and others arrested at Canal Mills, and she is regularly seen at afters whether she was invited or not.

George Farrow, Third Year, Geography student

According to George’s mate, he “recently went viral as he made it into a video about house music and his edgy boy Leeds reputation took a big blow with this mainstream media fame, and has never quite fully recovered. This being said he still has got what it takes to be crowned BNOC of the year”. He’s also the co-director of big addition to the Leeds disco scene, Primal Sound.

Rachel Elizabeth Dodds, Fourth Year, Psychology student

Rachel’s worked at Mission and Warehouse, so obviously she has nights out covered. Has worked at mission and warehouse so obviously tells everyone she has nights out covered. She gets straight firsts despite being a party animal 24/7, and can always be found at bongo’s bingo on a Wednesday being the social butterfly she is.

Funniest story? A few weeks back after a ‘wild’ night she thought it was a good idea to get a shower after a night out. She got in at around 3 and was discovered at around 7 asleep in the tub under the running water.

Nadirur Choudhury, Third Year, Law student 

Considered ‘El Presidente’ due to his prestigious and infamous role as President of the University of Leeds Law Soc (the biggest law society in Europe). A man who is loved by all students, staffs and the elderly. A man of the people who will always make you smile with his jokes and sense of humour.

He has hosted Law’s Got Talent two years in a row and got the Head of Law School to partake in a rendition of two Drake classics, Hotline bling and One Dance. Is known for his rendition of Justin Bieber’s Sorry and isn’t ashamed of it at all. A great dancer and has been known to challenge members of dance societies to dance offs in fruity. Has also stepped on the shoes of Tinchy Stryder before he performed at the Law ball after party and responded by his lovable giggle.

Joe Lewis, Second Year, Politics student

His friends describe Joe as simply: “womaniser”. After a staggering 3 pulls in first year and finally losing his virginity halfway through 2nd year, Joe Lewis (‘Big Joey L’) is a known Leeds super villain among the females.

Best story? After a disappointing night out with the lads. ‘Big Joey L’ reached his tipping point and it all kicked off outside Flames. With the don himself screaming at the top of his lungs “HOW HARD IS IT JUST TO LOSE YOUR V!?”