Why Fruity is the best night out in Leeds

Yeah, I went there…

Leeds is renowned for its nightlife. It has so much variety that you are constantly open to new clubs, new nights, new regrets. Everyone has their scene, and there’s always a club night to cater to it. However, there has to be a

However, there has to be a kingpin, there has to be that one night that trumps them all, and that fate falls in the hands of the beloved Fruity. I see you, Club Connoisseurs, shaking your head and feeling angry already, but hear me out. Here’s pretty much how your night will go:

Fruity starts before you even think about heading to the Union, the pre-drinks are not just a money-saving endeavour but an intrinsic part of the Fruity Experience. These pre-drinks are the time to get anything even remotely edgy out of your system, to strawpedo at least one whole bottle of Lambrini, and to prepare you for the excitement that lies ahead. Chuck in a few dirty pints from Ring of Fire and you’re probably nearing the required levels of drunkenness. Before you leave you need to make sure you are at the point where you can’t really walk any longer, but might just be able to crawl through those glorious Union doors.

Enter Stylus, Sexual by NEIKED is inevitably playing, but ignore it because it’ll come back on later (Fruity has your back), just get the 4 Jägerbombs down your neck and get going. Maybe help the girl who has partied too gosh darn hard stand back up and then scout out your spot appropriately. Not too near the creepy group of drooling guys, nor too near the girls who dance with their elbows, and never too far from the bar. Found it? Perfect. Now head down the stairs (slowly…).

This is where Fruity turns from regular club night into the world of wonder that it is, the dance floor is where anything goes. Throw your nastiest dance moves, pull 5 guys/gals in a row, there are no rules, Fruity is lawless. All of this at the same time as playing the top 20 chart hits intertwined with a sexy throwback hit and a sing-along (scream-along) banger. Never has dodging lobbed VK bottles been so rewarding.

It’s getting to the end of the night, you’ve sung along to Wonderwall, you’ve had a couple of tactical chunders, and now it’s winding down. But are you ready for the night to end? Of course not, that’s why you’ll inevitably bring one of the girls who was aggressively grinding on you back to your house – predictable.

Fruity has no shame, so you shouldn’t either.

The drinks are cheap, the music is catchy, the dancing is erratic, people pulling is an embarrassingly large proportion of the dance floor, and you’ll never remember enough of it to regret your actions. What is there not to like?

Photos: Taken from Fruity Facebook page. 

@mattxportx