There are TWO anti-Trump Muslim Ban protests in Leeds tomorrow

Tomorrow at 5-6 pm and 7-9pm

Hosted by Leeds Stand Up To Racism, an emergency protest against Trump’s recent anti-Muslim ban is being held in Leeds tomorrow (30th January) at Dortmund Square.

The Facebook event states that: “As Donald Trump announces restrictions on Muslims and Theresa May holds his hand we are gathering to say #neveragain #noMuslimban. Standing up to their racism and Islamophobia is crucial – join us at Dortmund Square Monday 30th January to add our voices to the worldwide outrage at this disgusting racist ideology.”

Directions to Dortmund Square

For those that can’t make the 5pm protest, there is another from 7pm to 9pm on the same day, hosted by Momentum Leeds. This protest will be held in Victoria Gardens.

This Facebook event declares that: “Theresa May has decided to ally herself with Donald Trump’s bigoted, misogynistic government. She has refused to speak out against Donald Trump’s #MuslimBan – even when her own Members of Parliament are targeted. It is not only weak, it is a matter of national shame – disgracing our country across the world.

It continues to say that: “Other governments – like Canada, like France, like Germany – have spoken out. Our weak, cowardly government has refused to. Let’s not have the same cowardice and betrayal as our own government.