Leeds police say they don’t just eat doughnuts all day

Do they look like they do?

crime donuts doughnuts eating food health police yorkshire

Leeds police officers have launched a Facebook tirade – against people who claim all they do is eat doughnuts.

Officers from Leeds inner-east Neighbourhood Policing Team lashed out at critics who say they should “get out and catch some real criminals” instead of scoffing pies.

Grab from the West Yorkshire Police Facebook where they defend themselves against critics and admit Ãmaybe the odd doughnut did get consumed in between all the crime, fights, road accidents and paperworkÃ. See Ross Parry copy RPYDOUGHNUTS : Police hit back with humour to critics who claim all they do is spend time "eating doughnuts" and they should "got out and catch some real criminals". Not to take the doughty denigration lightly officers from Leeds inner east neighbourhood policing team (NPT) took to Facebook and write Police in Leeds have issued a remarkable public riposte to critics who claim that all they do is Ãspend time eating doughnutsÃ. Officers from the Leeds inner east neighbourhood policing team (NPT) took to Facebook to defend themselves after posts suggesting they should Ãgo and catch some real criminalsÃ.

They wrote: “[The critics] are under the impression that all we did was
spend time eating doughnuts, stopping long enough to pick on some poor
little cannabis dealer.

“So we thought you might be interested to know what your officers actually
spent their time on.”

After listing all the matters they dealt with in 24-hours, the post
concluded: “And yes maybe the odd doughnut did get consumed in between all the crime, fights, road accidents and paperwork. We even locked up the odd drug dealer too!”

It is believed the post was written partly in response to criticism of a
previous update on the NPT’s Facebook page.

Two days earlier, the team publicised the results of a raid on a suspected
drug dealer’s flat in Gipton, leading to some disparaging comments.

One user wrote: “How about they catch the pedos [sic] or rapists for a
change.”

Another said: “Catch some real bad men.”

In their post the NPT wrote: “Rest assured, just because we do not
photograph and parade sex offenders on Facebook it does not mean we are not dealing with them.

“Officers took details of 4 sexual offences in Leeds (in last 24 hours) 2
suspects already arrested, 1 identified and 2 in the process of being
identified.”

The ‘doughnut’ post has been liked more than 14,000 times since it
appeared on Saturday and sparked an online debate, generating more than 1,000 comments.

One poster, Chris Betts, wrote: “Toughest job in the world, no matter what
you do some one will be critical.”

But Tom Sharon said: “But why are tax payers paying for WYP to employ someone in social media to tell me how hard you’re working?”

Leeds chief inspector Fran Naughton backed the NPT. She said: “I welcome
the open and honest approach that the inner east NPT have taken. Clearly it has been received well by the majority of people and has received a lot of
support.

“Social media is an extremely valuable tool in helping us communicate with
and build a relationship with the public and one we will keep using.

“Officers across the force are provided with guidance on best practice use
of Twitter and Facebook and appropriate use of language.”