Has this man robbed you?

Police manhunt for elusive Hyde Park mugger

West Yorkshire police have released an E-Fit of a man suspected of involvement in a spate of Hyde Park street robberies.

At least ten people have been mugged in Hyde Park and Woodhouse in the last three weeks.

Victims have been threatened with knives and planks of wood, and have been targeted late at night when walking alone in secluded areas.

Detectives are currently looking for links between the robberies, and have released a mocked-up image of one key suspect in the investigation.

Detective Inspector Mark Strother said in a statement: “We have had some considerable success in tackling street robberies which has seen the number of offences in this area over recent months remain very low.”

“This has meant this sudden increase has stood out as something relatively unprecedented and which is obviously a cause for concern.”

“We would like to hear from anyone who recognises the man in the e-fit image or who has any information that could assist the investigation.”

Anyone with any information has been encouraged to contact Detective Constable Sophie Hawkswell at Weetwood Police Station via 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.