Justice for Leeds girl left dragged along next to car in vicious assault

One man was jailed for two years

A pair of thugs have been sentenced for an attack on a Leeds girl more than a year ago.

The student has finally seen justice served after she was stalked and assaulted in Park Lane in the city centre.

She suffered horrific injuries when she was dragged along the ground beside a car as she attempted to keep hold of the bag her assaulter tried to steal.

The female, aged in her early twenties, was attacked in Park Lane following a night out in the City Centre. The two men pulled up in the car and started making sexually offensive comment before following her.

One of the group, Teymur Ahmed, then tried to grab her handbag while driver Kamil Dunworth accelerated away.

She was dragged along the road and after losing her grip was left on the curb with severe cuts and bruises to her face and body.

The victim said: “They left me by the road side. I could have been dead for all they knew.”

Both the men denied doing anything wrong but ultimately Ahmed was found guilty of robbery and sentenced to two years in prison.

Dunworth was also found guilty of dangerous driving and giving a nine month suspended sentence, 100 hours of unpaid community service and disqualified for driving for 12 months.