10 Things You’ll Only Understand if You’re a Leeds Psychology Student

Apart from the difference between Freud’s and Piaget’s theories…

1. The anger of having your own building but you never have lectures in there because it’s not even close to being big enough.

midsection2

2. “Read this article” means read the abstract.

3. Knowing that the reason you have hardly any lectures is because you’re supposed to do all the reading, but watching TOWIE instead.

4. Working really hard 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 2 weeks per year.

5. The frustration of finding plenty of relevant articles on Psycinfo, but only being able to access the abstract.

6. The strange looks as you walk to your lecture in Mechanical engineering- it’s the only time there will ever be 200 girls in the building.

7. You have to explain on a weekly basis that your course doesn’t involve reading minds. Or body language. Or learning how to be Derren Brown.

8. Even in third year you still meet people in your lectures who you’ve never seen before in your life.

9. You applied for psychology in the hope of becoming a clinical psychologist. Now that dream is long gone.

10. Everyone told you that there’s loads of things you can do with a psychology degree.  As you approach graduation, you realise they were lying.

What subject do you want to see next? Let us know in the comments