Love is in the air: The best places in Lancaster to take your Valentine’s Day date

Galentine’s is better than Valentine’s xx

Valentine’s Day can be the happiest or saddest day of the year whether you spend it single, taken or are just celebrating the festivities with your friends (obviously being jealous of all the happy couples). Since the big day is nearly here, if you’re struggling to find the perfect spot to take your Valentine or even to celebrate Galentine’s Day, then fret no more. Whether you want a fancy date night or just a cosy place for brunch, this guide will show you all the best places in Lancs.

The Herbarium

The Herbarium is located on Great John Street and is the perfect place to take your Valentine if you are wanting a brunch date. The pancakes are amazing here, which is even better with Valentine’s being so close to Pancake Day, they even have some limited edition pancakes available. The Herbarium is a fully vegan cafe and has a chilled vibe if you are wanting a more relaxing date. Also, Herb has a Herb After Dark menu where you can go for some vegan comfort food later on: it’s the perfect place for a cosy and relaxing date.

Brew

Brew is located on Brock Street and is the best Valentine’s Day date spot if you are wanting breakfast. Brew is selling Valentine’s coffee as well so make sure to get there quickly. They make the most amazing hot chocolates and is a great place for a breakfast, brunch or coffee date. The atmosphere is chilled out and perfect for a nice chilled-out Valentine’s Day breakfast.

Cafe Dolce

Cafe Dolce is located on Market Street and is a definite favourite (the potato waffles are to die for) and a perfect place for a brunch date. Cafe Dolce is always busy, has a good atmosphere and it is the sweetest little place to grab some food and a coffee on Valentine’s Day. They even have limited edition Valentine’s cakes for sale. Cafe Dolce is the perfect place for a relaxing date with your Valentine, make sure to try the flavoured hot chocolates too.

The Cornerhouse

The Cornerhouse is located on New Street and is the perfect restaurant for a fancy Valentine’s Day date. The Cornerhouse has two for £10 cocktails all day every day, so it’s a great for an evening date. It’s a modern and friendly place to have a date and they even have live music. Even if you’re not looking to go out for dinner, they have a bar which is perfect for a few drinks with your Valentine.

Bella Italia

Bella Italia is on Church Street and is a classic restaurant for a Valentine’s date. They have loads of deals on which are good value if you’re looking to save a few pennies. Who doesn’t want an Italian on Valentine’s Day? Make sure to try all of the cocktails here, they are stunning.

Gallico Lounge

Gallico Lounge is located on Market Street and they have loads to offer for Valentine’s. Gallico Lounge are giving out free Prosecco with every booking, with candle-lit dinners and a deal for two cocktails for £11.75. It’s the perfect restaurant to go to on Valentine’s for a nice romantic evening out with a chill vibe.

Nando’s

Nando’s is located on Market Street and is a classic, so why not take your Valentine here? Everybody loves a cheeky Nando’s, so you can’t go wrong really. It’s guaranteed that you and your date won’t be disappointed with a Nando’s. Judging how spicy they get their food can make or break your relationship. Let’s hope the date is extra hot!

Related articled recommended by this writer: