Lancaster University Students’ Union announces Summer Fest

The mini festival will run alongside College Rivals weekend

Get ready to mark your calendars because Lancaster University is gearing up for the highly anticipated Summer Fest, set to take place on the 24th and 25th of June. The event, hosted at the Sports Centre Carpark, promises to be a two-day extravaganza of live music, delectable food, exciting performances with an abundance of games and drinks.

The Summer Fest is all about celebrating the vibrant spirit of the Lancaster University community, bringing together students and faculty for an unforgettable weekend. With an impressive lineup of attractions, this event hopes to be the highlight of Extravaganza Week.

One of the main draws of Summer Fest is the exceptional live music performances from local musicians Harriet Dagnall and Simon Brady. Dagnall will perform from 1:15 pm to 2:30 pm on Saturday, with Brady performing from 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm on Sunday.

In addition to the live music, Summer Fest will offer a diverse range of culinary delights from various food vendors. From tantalising street food to indulgent desserts, attendees will have the opportunity to sample a variety of flavours from local vendors and food trucks.

The entertainment doesn’t stop at the main stage, as various societies will showcase their talents throughout the weekend, including LUSing, LUTG, ULMS, LUDanS, and The Folk Music & Dance Society.

The mini-festival will also offer various games and drinks to keep everyone entertained, including a VK bar and a selection of Premix Cans, catering to all tastes and preferences.

The festival will also give students the opportunity to take a break from College Rival’s fixtures and “have fun in the fun […] with tunes, tipples, tasty treats and more!”

Entry to Summer Fest is free, with more information available on the Lancaster University Students’ Union website.

Featured image via Instagram.

Related articles recommended by this writer: