King’s students on campus expected to take two Covid-19 tests a week

Students and staff can also join a KCL TEST – Covid-19 study

Students returning to campus in semester two are expected to take regular Covid-19 tests twice a week.

Students are also “expected to take and receive two negative Covid-19 tests or self-isolate for 10 days before attending on-campus teaching or accessing campus services.

In a recent email sent to students, Vice President Professor Nicola Phillips and Executive Director of Education and Students Darren Wallis explain KCL’s policy on Covid testing for students. To take their tests, students can book Lateral Flow antigen tests on KCL campuses here. King’s students currently on a placement “may also have access to testing through your Trust provider”.

Details about testing in the email sent to students

The email also invites students to take part in the KCL TEST – Covid-19 Study which is open to all King’s staff and students which is different to the Lateral Flow antigen testing available on KCL campuses.

This study “offers a convenient, non-invasive saliva test to check for coronavirus for those who do not have symptoms”. The main aim of this study is evaluating “the use of the saliva test in educational settings, while managing the spread and transmission of the virus and helping to understand the wider impact on our lives”.

There are test hubs at all three campuses plus Denmark Hill and St Thomas’ Hospital as well as three King’s residences for those who live or work there. These residences are Great Dover Street Apartments, Stamford Street Apartments and Angel Lane Residence.

More information about the KCL TEST – Covid-19 Study can be found here.

Anyone who tests positive for Covid-19 must self-isolate for 10 days in accordance with Government advice. King’s also asks students to complete the King’s self-isolation form so they can provide students with support whist they self-isolate.