Glasgow no water

Glasgow students left without water as police and fire service attempt to fix burst pipe

Students have been left without water since 4pm

Glasgow students are currently without any running water as the city experiences widespread water cuts due to a burst pipe.

Students began to lose water shortly after 4pm. It took almost an hour until Scottish Water confirmed the cause of the problem on social media.

The incident has been put down to a burst to one of the cities key water pipes, a 36 inch “Trunk Main” pipe.

The burst is affecting households in postcodes: G1, G2, G3, G4, G5, G11, G12, G13, G15, G20, G51 and G61.

The police and fire service are working to fix the problem, with Scottish Water set to give a new update at 7pm.

Scottish Water added you may experience no water, low or intermittent water supply or discoloured water.

Glasgow Fight Night organisers have confirmed to The Glasgow Tab this evening’s event is unaffected and will go ahead as planned.

If you require additional support, please use this link to sign up as a Priority Services Customer.

If you have experienced flooding due to this incident and need support, you can call Scottish Water on 0800 0778 778 or via one of the other methods on its contact us page.

Featured image via Twitter/@RabVanLadMan