Coronavirus Update: Glasgow Uni staff member sent home and told to self-isolate

She returned from Rome feeling ‘unwell’

A Glasgow University staff member has been sent home and told to self-isolate after she returned from Rome feeling “unwell”.

According to an email sent out to all Glasgow students, the staff member from the School of Education didn’t show symptoms “necessarily consistent with coronavirus,” and was sent home “as a precaution”.

The email says the staff member is in touch with NHS 24 and “has been told to self isolate.” The University says there is no reason for concern over the development.

This comes after two more cases of the virus have been confirmed in England, according to BBC News. This brings the total number of Coronavirus cases to 15.

Anyone who has travelled to the UK from mainland China, Thailand, Japan, Republic of Korea, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia or Macau in the last 14 days and is experiencing cough or fever or shortness of breath, is to stay indoors and call NHS 111, even if symptoms are mild.

Anyone who has any specific concerns can contact the university’s dedicated email address [email protected] or call the Gatehouse on 0141 330 4444. They are closely monitoring the situation and want to advise of the latest UK Government guidance.