Image may contain: Pants, Blazer, Human, Person, Coat, Jacket, Apparel, Clothing

Glasgow student among those injured in horrific bus crash in France

He was rushed to hospital with his girlfriend

A Glasgow University student is in hospital with a head injury after a coach he was on in France overturned.

According to The Daily Record, both 20-year-old Jamie Kerr and his girlfriend Gemma Given were among the 29 injured in the crash, which happened on the A1 motorway in France on Sunday.

The FlixBus carrying 32 passengers was reported to have tipped over in the rain at 11am. Jamie and Gemma have both been sent to hospital with head and hand injuries.

The bus can be seen lying on its side on the grass near the road. The crash broke the windshield and left a large hole in the side of the truck.

Local police say 10 British citizens were among the coach's passengers.

Jamie's dad told the BBC the crash was a "pretty traumatic end to a Halloween weekend."

"I feel a bit more could have been done for them," he said.

The Glasgow Tab reached out to Jamie and Gemma, but recieved no response.

Jamie's dad told the BBC: "They'll learn a lot from all of this but I'm expecting an emotional response when they get home and it all hits them."

A FlixBus spokesperson said: "FlixBus regrets to confirm that, according to the most-recent information available, a long-distance bus on its scheduled route from Paris to London from our local partner operating on behalf of FlixBus was involved in an accident.

"There were 32 passengers and one bus driver on board.

"Injured passengers were taken to local hospitals; those not requiring medical attention are being taken care of by local authorities.

"FlixBus is in close contact with the relevant authorities in order to determine the exact cause of the accident and to ensure all passengers receive appropriate support.

"An emergency phone number is available for the passengers and their relatives."

The Foreign and Commonwealth Office are aware of the incident.

A spokesperson said: "We are in contact with the French authorities following a road traffic accident in France, and will do all we can to assist any British people who need our help."