They’re all ears: GU Nightline relaunched

Tell em your secrets

To mark Welfare Week, the SRC has announced the return of nightline

Nightline is run by trained student volunteers and provides a confidential telephone support and information service run for students

It is advertised as being there for anyone for help with any problem at all between the hours of 7pm and 7am every night of term

At the beginning of this semester nightline announced technical difficulties and it’s closure for the foreseeable future

It has come to light that these difficulties were in fact the selling of the uni owned flat nightline was based in to Strathclyde

A decision also clearly not too popular with underwear tycoon, Ultimo boss Michelle Mone, who was worried the new ‘anti-social’ and ‘unsuitable’ tenants next door would spoil her three-bedroom duplex.

She regularly slams Katie Hopkins, though, so we’ll let her and her seriously first world problems off. And it is Strathclyde.

University internet could not be used due to confidentiality therefore a new location has had to be found to run nightline from which has caused delay

In the meantime it was suggested that those who would have used nightline called the Samaritans, but it’s return will no doubt be a relief for many

Nightline was relaunched on Monday 17th November and continue it’s work in the same format as before

If you need to talk to someone, the new number is 0141 334 9516 and more info can be found on the website http://www.gunightline.org/listening/