Billie Eilish teams up with Exeter University in social media videos

She’s helping share messages about climate change

In a video posted to University of Exeter’s social media pages, Billie Eilish shared “an important message to world leaders ahead of #COP26”.

Billie Eilish is one of several well-known people, including actor Rainn Wilson, who are working with the university “to share their encouraging messages to world leaders” ahead of the COP26 summit.

COP26, the 26th annual “Conference of the Parties”, is the UN Climate Change Conference. It is taking place in Glasgow from 31st October to 21st November this year.

The conference is “uniting the world to tackle climate change” by “bringing parties together to accelerate action towards the goals of the Paris Agreement and the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change.”

Artic Basecamp, a “leading organisation bringing the message of Arctic risk to global leaders”, is working with Exeter Uni on the project.

Arctic Basecamp was founded by Gail Whiteman, Professor of Sustainability at the University of Exeter Business School.

Read Billie Eilish’s video message in full: “This year, our leaders are deciding the global actions required on the environment and climate emergency in a critical decade for our planet. We must stand together and speak up to save our planet, not just for us, but for our future generations and we need urgent, urgent action now and to work together as one.”

You can watch it here:

Featured image via Instagram @billieeilish