Exeter Uni postpones all graduations due to COVID-19

‘Ceremonies could be postponed up to 9 months later’

The University of Exeter has postponed all graduation services due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

In a post on the Facebook group Overheard at University of Exeter, the newly-elected Guild president Sunday Blake said: “All ceremonies will definitely be postponed, not cancelled. But it could be up to 9 months later.”

The graduation registration was due to open on Monday 23rd of March, but it is likely that this will also be postponed.

Read the full post below: 

“Graduation Update:

“Ceremonies are unlikely to go ahead as they are gatherings of 700 – 1k people. The Graduation registration was due to go live on Mon 23rd. On this date, the system will either go live, or they will make a decision and postponed (the latter is more likely, but they COULD still go on!) Please check your emails on MONDAY 23RD as that is when the decisions will be made.

“If you are feeling very strongly about this PLEASE email the uni. I can pass on all feedback, too! Your feedback will influence the decision on Monday 23rd.

“If postponed, all ceremonies will definitely be postponed, not cancelled. But it could be up to 9 months later. I’m so sorry, I know how disappointing this is for you, how hard you have worked, and that this would have been an opportunity to see friends you may have very quickly left.

“Decision on graduation dates will be made by end of March.”