UPDATE: Bath Beats Exe to South West’s Best University

The Complete University Guide releases its 2015 league table – with Exeter named as the UK’s best University for quality accommodation

| UPDATED the tab the tab exeter University of Bath University of Exeter

The Complete University Guide has published its league table for 2015, and there appears to have been some sort of a mix-up: Bath, in eighth, have placed two positions above University of Exeter.

With Oxford trailing by only seven ranking points, Cambridge top the league table, whilst LSE, St. Andrews and Durham all feature above Exeter inside the top ten – although we do claim the highest score for quality accommodation.

Durham University, home to purple-wearing students

In addition to the overall rankings, The Complete University Guide also provide a subject-by-subject league table, where Exeter generally dropped places from 2014’s results.

In Business & Management Studies, a subject in which the University has invested heavily, Exeter dropped two places to eighth, whilst Economics fell from seventh to tenth.

University of Exeter’s Business School

In Arts and Humanities, though, Exeter rose several places in various subjects, with French climbing five places to seventh and Drama, Dance and Cinematics jumping from sixth to third.

Responding to the two places separating Exeter and Bath, one final-year English Literature and French student said: “We’ve got rand-new facilities and a leafy-green campus [at Exeter]. What more do we need?”

And, of course, we’ve got the £48 million Forum

One third-year Politics undergraduate, meanwhile, taking a slightly less diplomatic approach, said: “I’d still rather be at Exeter than a souped-up poly[technic] with distinctly average sporting abilities.”

Guild President Hannah Barton also said: “Exeter’s position in the top 10 for the second year running speaks loudly of the University’s continuing strength in the higher education sector.”

Loughborough, too much purple to handle

Having been leapfrogged by East London, London Metropolitan lie at the bottom of the overall league table in 123rd, the position where most Exeter students probably think Loughborough (placed 13th) should be.