We asked what your top motivational songs are, and made a playlist from the answers

From Smash Mouth to God Save The Queen, you really covered all the bases

The Christmas holiday is officially over and it’s time for us all to settle back into our university routine. This is easier said than done though, as after three weeks of sleeping in, wearing pyjamas all day, and watching daytime television, the prospect of having to actually do work and wake up for early morning classes is almost too much to handle.

However, in testing times like these it’s important to stay positive. We need to look for ways to make the coming weeks a bit easier and less I-wish-I’d-never-started-a-degree.

Last week, we shared our guide on how to stay motivated for Semester Two, and one of our tips was to listen to uplifting music. Following on from this, we asked you over on our Instagram what songs you listen to for motivation, and here are your answers. We even added them all to a cheeky Spotify playlist that you can stream whenever you need some of that early morning stimulation. You can find the playlist here.

All Star – Smash Mouth

If Shrek can save Princess Fiona from that tower, then you can get up for that 9am lecture.

Mr Brightside – The Killers

Set this as your alarm and you’ll be clambering out of bed just to turn it off.

Anything by Hans Zimmer

Tbh listening to the Interstellar and Inception soundtracks are more likely to put me on edge than anything else, but if it works for you then we love to see it!

Call Me Back – Calum Bowie

I just want to dance around my room singing this chorus at the top of my lungs.

Dancing In The Sun – Calum Bowie

Just pure positive energy to get you ready for the day.

Enjoy The Day – The Sun Day

It’s important to find the joy in every day, maybe listening to this song will be yours.

What Makes You Beautiful – One Direction

There’s nothing more uplifting than Harry Styles singing about how beautiful you are.

WAP – Cardi B and Megan Thee Stallion

Doing the WAP dance first thing in the morning will definitely get your heart racing for the day.

Work Bitch – Britney Spears

It’s right there in the title.

Friday – Rebecca Black

A choice. Let’s just leave it at that.

Survivor – Destiny’s Child

Whenever you’re feeling low, promise me you’ll put this on and sing the chorus out loud.

Power – Kanye West

A song to get your blood pumping.

Dog Days Are Over – Florence + The Machine

That final chorus. That’s all I have to say.

It’s All Coming Back To Me Now – Céline Dion

A true classic. I bet Céline never sleeps in.

Drunk In Love – Beyoncé and JAY-Z

One of the most influential women to grace this planet. Don’t forget girlies, we all have the same 24 hours as Beyoncé so use them wisely xx

Unwritten – Natasha Bedingfield

If screaming ‘staring at the blank page before you open up the dirty window’ doesn’t motivate you, then nothing else will.

Our Day Will Come – Amy Winehouse

There’s nothing more inspiring than the hope for a happy future.

Angels – Robbie Williams

What gets me through the week is the prospect of Big Cheese on a Saturday night.

Money Power Glory – Lana Del Rey

The quest for these three things is what keeps the New Town boys going.

The National Anthem (God Save The Queen)

Well, each to their own I guess.

Recommended related articles by this writer:

• A guide to motivating yourself for Semester Two

Here are seven songs to put on your motivational playlist, just in time for Semester Two

• I spent 24 hours in the library, here’s how it went