Five sunny and saintly insta accounts to follow this summer

Woke dreams and feel good memes

Instagram is a land of thirst traps, memes and false appearances.

But don't let the fake boujee barbies blind you – there are some accounts out there that refreshingly offer followers humour and confidence, instead of envy or fear of missing out.

Offering quality content amid Instagram's sea of self-promotional vanity, here are five must-follow accounts that will give you something to laugh or think about this summer.

1. @beam_me_up_softboi

An account dedicated to content from "softboiis", who often try to use their "softness" to manipulate girls into giving them attention.

View this post on Instagram

😽🌧

A post shared by we r all indie softbois here (@beam_me_up_softboi) on

View this post on Instagram

copy past message,

2. @sainthoax

This account offers a perfect blend of humour and social commentary. Sometimes we need to laugh in these problematic times, and this insta captures the right balance between important social critique and humorous triviality.

View this post on Instagram

I don’t usually like to draw these comparisons, but this time it feels urgent. β €β €β €β €β €β €β €β €β € Minutes after it started burning, Notre-dame was splashed across front pages and all over news bulletins around the world. Within days, $1 billion was raised for restoration. Meanwhile, there’s a government led massacre in Sudan that has taken the lives of 500 innocent people (including children) and it’s barely receiving any news coverage. It’s heartbreaking to realize that architecture seems to have more value than human lives. β €β €β €β €β €β €β €β €β € @khaledbeydoun brilliantly wrote: β€œ3 reasons why the Sudan massacres & humanitarian crisis aren’t receiving the global attention it deserves: 1) The victims are Africans 2) The victims are Black 3) The victims are Muslims” β €β €β €β €β €β €β €β €β € The media’s selective empathy is appalling. It is our duty to raise awareness. Go to the link in my bio to find out how you can help.

A post shared by Saint Hoax (@sainthoax) on

View this post on Instagram

Miranda meets Trump

3.@mothecomedian

London-born British comedian, Mo Gilligan, is a master at observing human behaviour – from wannabe musicians to dates gone wrong.

View this post on Instagram

Different Types Of Women On The Phone #CouplaCansTour

A post shared by Mo Gilligan (@mothecomedian) on

View this post on Instagram

Drillington Abbey #CouplaCansTour

View this post on Instagram

Date Night With An Estate Agent #CouplaCansTour

4. @awardsforgoodboys

This account, run by Shelby Lorman, utilises the language of the "dog show world" to hand out sarcastic awards to men expecting reverent praise for displaying basic decency. The account also highlights the ways in which women fall short by internalising sexism and contributing to oppression.

5. @memegirlclub

Last but not least, memegirlclub is literally there to humorously express uncomfortable realities and tough pills to swallow – from adulthood, work and dating, to mental health and gender relations.

View this post on Instagram

THIS πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

A post shared by Meme Queen πŸ’•βœ¨ (@memegirlclub) on