Tab’s At The Bar – Launch Party

We indeed went hard, and have no idea how we got home..

Journalism is known as a hard-drinking profession (I’m writing this with a pint of neat gin in hand), and this was in clear evidence at The Tab Edinburgh’s official launch party last Thursday night, where the organisation lived up to its “scurrilous” reputation as it painted first Frankenstein’s Bar and then Liquid Rooms red on a white background (a nod to the Tab logo, in case you were wondering).

Tab writers, looking like visions of sobriety..

In association with Edinburgh University North American Society, readers, writers and those looking to meet/sleep with readers and writers met in the downstairs bar to drink specially-created Tab Shots and model their Tab t-shirts before teaming up to play American classics Beerpong and Flip-Cup, with predictably messy results.

The News team eased themselves in gently..

The Tab’s Editor-In-Chief, Gabriella, became so inebriated during Beerpong (or, in her case, Winepong), that the opposing team began to deliberately mis-aim their balls to prevent her from drinking any more, for fear of her health. The Editors’ Shot Challenge was won narrowly by Reviews Editor Tatiana Maslennikova, while it took several large sherries to convince Freddie Wild the Opinions Editor to even put his t-shirt on. News Editor Emily Rushton is almost certain that she passed out in Pizza Paradise on her quest for alcohol-soaking carbs, but can’t be entirely sure, while I woke up this morning with vague memories of talking intensely at people in corners and only letting them go when they promised to buy me another glass of wine. I’m still waiting.

Some people enjoyed the party a bit too much..

Afterwards, those who were still able to stand went on to Gin ‘n’ Juice at Liquid Rooms for drinking, grinding, and more drinking, and I am reliably informed that a good time was had by all. By this time, I was peacefully asleep in bed, blissfully unaware of the chunderful hangover that was to come. All in all, standard Tab chat.

To catch up on the chat, watch the video of the night here.

Also, give Annabel’s amazing fashion article a read. It’s Tab-tastic*

*Written by the News Editor. I’m not that publicity-hungry…..