Durham the best UK university for Music, Guardian 2021 league table shows

The University also jumped one place overall, and now ranks as Number 4 in the country

Durham University has been named the best University in the UK for Music, the Guardian’s 2021 league table for best UK universities has shown.

The course achieved the Guardian’s top possible score of 100, a total which is calculated using measures including course satisfaction, satisfaction with teaching, and student to staff ratio.

Durham University also successfully rose one place in the league table overall, going up to fourth place after having come fifth in the 2020 rankings. The University achieved a total score of 81.5 out of 100 in the main table.

Scores are ascertained using feedback from final year students in the latest National Student Survey (NSS). This year, Oxford University topped the table, rising from third place in 2020. The 2021 list of rankings was released yesterday, Saturday 5th September, and ranks 54 of the UK’s most popular degree disciplines.

Other successes in the table for Durham come for Chemistry and English, whose courses both reached second place in the Guardian’s 2021 rankings.

The full rankings, which can be viewed either overall or filtered by course, can be found here.